Abu Dhabi Art 2019: French Luxury and Contemporary Art Talks
Advocating for contemporary art, the most active members of the Comité Colbert will take part in a conference programme for two days at Abu Dhabi Art 2019. The series of talks will be held by prominent specialists proposed by the Comité Colbert, to explore the journey of French luxury as a major component in the leading contemporary arts’ scene.
The Hermès and Cartier contemporary art foundations as well as French cultural institutions – the Centre Pompidou, Mobilier National and Château de Versailles – and luxury houses like Bernardaud and Christian Dior Couture will also be contributing their insights.
Featured speakers for the event include:
- Hervé Chandès, Fondation Cartier pour l’Art Contemporain
- Juliette Singer, Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Alexandre Boquel, Christian Dior Couture
- Hélène Huret, Bernardaud
- Marion Laporte, Centre Pompidou
- Annick de Chaunac & Guillaume Désanges, Fondation d’Entreprise Hermès
- Catherine Pégard, Château, Musée et Domaine National de Versailles
- Thierry Sarmant, Mobilier National, Manufacture des Gobelins
They will highlight the role of French luxury in the world of contemporary art; how French luxury houses collaborate with artists and the correlation between heritage and creativity.
**Attendees have to be ticket holders of Abu Dhabi Art 2019