GCC Heritage & Oral History Conference
The Department of Culture and Tourism in Abu Dhabi (DCT) is proud to present the virtual staging of the 8th annual GCC Heritage and Oral History Conference, held under the theme ‘History of Pandemics in the Arabian Peninsula’. This year’s edition of the Conference will present an online panel discussion featuring a group of heritage experts from across the GCC countries.
The conference will demonstrate how the Arabian Peninsula region has managed to overcome past health crises on social, financial, psychological, and economic fronts, enabling the nations to adapt and build up the necessary resilience and flexibility over time.
- H.E Mattar Saeed Al Nuaimi (UAE)
- Dr. Yousef Al Hassan (UAE)
- Dr. Ahmad Eissa Al Helali (KSA)
- Dr. Hassan Jassem Ashkanani (Kuwait)
- Dr. Hamad Ibrahim Al Abdullah (Kingdom of Bahrain)
- Dr. Saeed Bin Mohamed Al Hashemi (Oman)
** Panel will be moderated by Saeed Al Kaabi, Director of the Intangible Heritage Department at DCT Abu Dhabi (introducing participants from the neighbouring GCC countries).
For full event schedule, you can click here